Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A peek inside my studio


I display prints of my work next to my drafting table to reference when I’m quilling.


To keep my quilling paper tangle free I slide the strips into bulldog clips and hang them on the wall.

I keep unopened packs of quilling paper bundled by hue, so a color is easy to find when I need it. 

For safety my sharp tools have a container all their own.

I keep all of the tools I use for every project in one place.


I keep my less used tools in labeled bins.

I keep my quilling paper scraps in two boxes but my kitty Cecile has made a bed out of them. 


The view of Portland, Maine from my skylight. 





5 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

you have it set up very nice !!!
Paula

Sandy O said...

Ha ha ha, love the cats photo and sneaky idea!

Your craft room is so organized, love the pics on the walls. My old craft room had slanted walls which drove me nuts, I never knew what to do with them (so glad my hubbie let me move my room).

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I will definately be sharing this in a future post!

Hugs

Lino Kosters said...

A piece of art for a work of art! With a great skylight right above your working table, you will definitely feel more motivated to create more wonderful masterpieces. Aside from improving the aesthetics of your room, sunshine can lighten up your mood and even promote good health.

-Lino Kosters

Unknown said...

Like what Lino said, a piece of art for a work of art. Was it your decision to put a skylight right above your work table? I hope you’ll be more inspired to create more wonderful art in your room.

-Joann Winton

Baby Loves Pink said...

Love your studio! Must be nice to have all that light from the window, yet so much privacy since it faces up.